Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Reason Why I Choose Miriam

The Reason Why I Choose Miriam
MIRIAM FIGHT!
Next week is the election week. Commission of Election is busy for the preparation for upcoming election from printing to the clustered precinct. We want this election to be clean and truth-worthy because we want a CLEAN ELECTION!
Some of you have a candidate of your choice same as mine. I respect that because we practice our freedom to choose. That’s vital to the democracy. Some have the reasons why they choose that candidate. Some they simply disliked that candidate. Well, it’s too normal for an ordinary voter.
In this election, my vote shall be for Miriam for the president. Yes. Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago, a senator of the Republic of the Philippines. She is considered as the Iron Lady in Asia and Laureate of the Magsaysay Awardee for Government Service. The most important she is not corrupt. Sometimes you can’t find less corrupt government officials but Miriam. You will be eventually asking, why Miriam?
More than a year ago when I don’t have a choice for the president, people were posting on social media sites supporting Senator Miriam for the president. First, I did not consider her as my choice for the president. I must wait for the time that my decision will  be entirely and constant. I had a chosen candidate at that time but because of the major exposé, it was changed with all my trusts. The choice I made was considered as 'soft choice' because of exposé, I simply decided not to vote for that candidate. I was undecided at that time. I had to choose someone who can be the next president of our country. They should have the good qualities of an efficient and effective leader. The leader has the ability to inspire and influence others towards the nation's goal. The president is also the leader.

"Let us select no less than leaders who embody the decency, honesty, competence, toughness and patriotism that we want, and who have the capacity to bring us all together after the elections, so that we can be one united nation in pursuit of a better life for all Filipinos." - Ramon R. Del Rosario Jr.'s "A vote for our future" for Inquirer.net
The time comes when I made a solid and concrete decision. I choose Miriam as the President of the Republic of the Philippines. Senator Miriam is the woman of morals, academic achievers, and a global figure. She exposed the anomalies from the government officials. She is a "No-Fear" person. Aside from that, she is the advocate of the excellent quality education. You know, I admired those who give importance on education and she is one of them. She influenced many youths to be involved and make a big change to the society. Just like the Dr. Rizal said, "Ang Kabataan ay pag-asa ng bayan" (Young people are the hope of the people). Yes, it's true. The youth aimed with education is the foundation of the society. It's a truly revolutionary movement of the nation. We can see the true change in this country.



I'm not against your supporting candidate and I'm only here for supporting Senator Miriam. Let us not against each other because whoever we supported. Let's face the people have different choices particularly in the election. I heard those broken friendship stories out there. I hope there's no #RIPFriendship on the trends (laugh). We hope that these upcoming May 9 election will be orderly, entrusted and no more election-related violence.

I have an advice. If you choose someone because it's no choice, you made a wrong choice. That's all!

Related Articles

0 comments :

Post a Comment